Healing Trauma Resources
Buy the workshop
HOW WE’VE INTERNALIZED A NARCISSISTIC PARENT’S GASLIGHTING FROM CHILDHOOD
This 1.5-hour workshop Psychologist and Trauma Therapist Dr. Ingrid Clayton
This replay will only be available to purchase until April 20, 2022.
About this Workshop
This workshop will help you identify less with our trauma and more with our True Self
Complex trauma as it relates to growing up with a narcissistic parent or step-parent can be difficult to identify because the psychological abuse is often hidden. Without bruises or more obvious markers, many survivors minimize their past without realizing they are minimizing their symptoms of a traumatized nervous system at the same time.
Note: After successful payment a link to watch this recording will be sent to your email address.
In this webinar, you will:
1. Develop a deeper understanding of how trauma from a narcissistic parent can manifest.
2. Discuss gaslighting, a form of emotional abuse where the narcissist uses manipulation and minimization to make someone question their reality.
3. Identify how self-gaslighting may have taken root in your own nervous system.
4. Practice somatic methods of regulating your nervous system.
5. Explore an experiential exercise to identify more with your true self and less with your trauma.
Trauma Super Conference – Online
Save your FREE seat right here to discover more about…
- Healing our collective trauma
- Understanding and healing relational trauma
- The relationship between trauma, substance use, and addiction
- Recovering from narcissistic abuse
- Stress and burnout as a symptom of trauma
- Hip hop as a form of therapy
- Navigating the journey of grief
- The power of functional medicine for healing
- Trauma as a lens to understand cultural mistrust
I invite you to the Trauma Super Conference, a FREE online event featuring 70+ of the world’s leading experts who will discuss the far-reaching impacts trauma can have and share the most radically comprehensive roadmap to date for optimal health on every level.
Books On Trauma Recovery
I am careful about the products or services I recommend and will only share them if I believe that they hold value to you. I hope you will find this list helpful.
Bessel van der Kolk M.D.
The Body Keeps the Score: Brain, Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma
Complex PTSD: From Surviving to Thriving: A Guide and Map for Recovering from Childhood Trauma
Judith Lewis Herman
Trauma and Recovery: The Aftermath of Violence–From Domestic Abuse to Political Terror
Bruce D. Perry and Oprah Winfrey
What Happened to You?: Conversations on Trauma, Resilience, and Healing
“We now know that trauma’s imprint is both psychological and somatic. Long after the events are over, the body continues to respond as if the danger was ever-present.”